Like every other 18 year-old who is about to graduate from high school, when I was a senior I got asked countless times where I was going to college and what I was going to do there. My standard answer became, "I am going to Utah State University to major in elementary education. I just want to go to school for the rest of my life; I love to learn and want to teach my students to love it as much as I do."
After participating in practicum as a level II in the education program here at Utah State, I am even more excited to get out into a classroom of my own and try out the things I am learning. As a teacher, I want to teach my students all sorts of things. I want to be able to spend time exploring space with them and the Amazon jungle. Reading is a tool that can take them anywhere and it will be my responsibility to open that world for them. I want to show my students that math is not only fascinating, it is fun! There is no better feeling in the world than solving a complicated equation and I want my students to feel that elation. I love to learn and soon I will love to teach!
No comments:
Post a Comment